What is it?
The COVID19 Waiver & Release is a written waiver that in-person patients or clients sign as you re-open your practice to in-person appointments.
Why do I need it?
So you can get back to normal with greater peace of mind. It gets you and the patient on the same page that, yes there is some risk, but you are both OK with it. This written agreement serves as confirmation that the patient is aware that there is some risk and they voluntarily assume that risk by choosing an in-person appointment.
When do I use it?
Either before the patient comes in for their appointment (via patient portal) or when they arrive at your office.
What is in the document?
- Patient agrees they have seen the premises and have decided they want to enter
- Practice lists CDC recommendations and advises patients not to come in if they have any of the listed symptoms or travel restrictions
- Practice lists the steps it has taken to comply with CDC recommendations for sanitizing, masks, distancing, etc.
- Patient releases and covenants not to sue practice and its employees
- Patient indemnifies and holds the Practice harmless
- Patient assumes the risk of harm
- Patient acknowledges they have read the agreement and agree to waive some legal rights as listed in the document above
Document Preview: (page 1 of 3)