What is it?
A document outlining the policies and procedures of the office surrounding an initial consultation, including:
- Initial Consult Time limitations
- Appointment Cancellation Policy
- Refund Policy
- Offer to Join Practice as Patient
- Patient responsibility to maintain separate primary care provider
- Non-participation in insurance
- Non-participation in Medicare (if applicable)
- Post-consult communication policy
- General Communication Policy
Why do I need it?
Many practices conduct initial consultations before allowing a patient to join the practice in a membership or wellness program practice. This allows both the patient and provider to learn about the other and determine if they are a fit for each other. This Policies and Procedures document sets the ground rules for this initial appointment.
When do I use it?
Before the initial appointment with each patient, when offering a one-off appointment before granting the patient the opportunity to continue with your practice.
Who is it for?
All providers that offer initial consultations.